The 6th Microgrid Global Innovation Forum 2018 focuses on the latest technology advances and business models for the deployment of renewable energy microgrids in municipal, public-use, commercial, military, and off-grid environments. A series of in-depth presentations and interactive panel discussions
will examine the most recent technology advances, case studies, and lessons learned to date.
The session schedule and faculty of speakers for the Forum is currently in development. Industry professionals who are interested in delivering a presentation
or organizing a panel discussion session are encouraged to submit a proposal to email@example.com
by Friday, December 15, 2017.
Guidelines for Submitting a Proposal
Seminar sessions are 75-90 minutes in length and typically feature three speakers, each presenting for approximately 25 minutes.
Individuals who wish to deliver a presentation or organize a panel session with multiple speakers should submit the following:
1. Speaker name, title, company, and contact information
2. Presentation title (or title of panel session)
3. Abstract of presentation or panel session (150words)
4. Speaker biography and photo
5. Bullet list of 3-4 Key Learning Points from the presentation or panel session
Topics To Be Covered Include (but are not limited to):
Business Issues, Opportunities and Challenges
- We ask that proposals be non-commercial in nature. Submissions will be carefully reviewed by the Program Advisory Group to ensure depth of information and relevance to the program.
- Sponsorship of the Forum is not a requirement for participating as a speaker. However, there are a limited number of sponsorship options that do involve a speaking engagement. For
more information, please contact us.
- Presentations that emphasize case studies, best practices, and real-world results are particularly welcome.
Technology Advances, Applications, and Case Studies
- Business models for multi-stakeholder, multi-partner microgrids
- Grid-tied, utility distribution microgrids and integration with the larger grid
- Solar PV, CHP, and energy storage strategies for optimal configuration
- Microgrids as a strategy for grid resilience and outage management
- Minimizing energy costs and integrating renewables on-site
- Next-generation Virtual Power Plants (VPPs), nanogrids and microgrids
- Regulatory and public policy trends and developments
- Optimizing hybrid, renewable energy systems for public-use, municipal, commercial, and military deployments
- Microgrids and the emerging Transactive Energy paradigm
- Evolving the traditional utility business model
- System architectures and alternatives
- Microgrid design, analysis, and feasiblity planning tools
- Microgrid power control systems
- Increasing the utilization of renewables and sustainable energy sources
- System modeling and analytical tools
- Energy storage advances: flow batteries, fuel cells, advanced batteries, etc.
- Emerging technologies and latest applications
- Standards and interoperability issues
- System monitoring, management, operations and control
For further information or to discuss a speaking proposal, please contact:
6th Microgrid Global Innovation Forum 2018